This three-day course is designed to give you the essential skills you will need in order to become a Soul Midwife or companion to the dying.
Some students on this course are already working as carers, therapists, nurses, doctors or priests and celebrants and are seeking to extend their existing skills. However, anyone who feels called to do this work will be accepted with no prior experience as long as their motives for the work are compassion, integrity and devotion.
Great care is taken to create a supportive and nurturing experience for students.
Entry to this course requires either attendance at one of our Intro Days, or by completing the Distance Module of our on-line training programme.
Subjects covered include:
- studying the five stages of dying and the therapeutic techniques used for each stage
- breath work
- soothing touch
- creating a death plan
- unfinished business, soul wounds and death bed wishes
- the Soul Midwife’s kitbag
- working with sound therapeutically and diagnostically, including using singing bowls, voice and toning
- protection as we work, attachments, space clearing, nurturing and reflective practice
- setting up a practice: safe and ethical procedures, professional boundaries, insurance, marketing, integrating with other disciplines.
This is a certificated course leading to registration and eligibility for insurance (at the discretion of the insurance company) and membership of the Soul Midwives’ forum for support, mentoring and continued professional development courses and study days.
Fee: £750 to include course packs, vegetarian lunches and refreshments
Course dates for 2017
9-11 June Summer Soul Midwives School Watercleaves, Dorset ( now full)
14-16 July Summer Soul Midwives School Watercleaves, Dorset
15-17 September Autumn Soul Midwives School, Watercleaves, Dorset
10-12 November Winter Soul Midwives School Watercleaves, Dorset
More dates to follow
- if you are keen to start training as soon as you can, please check out our Distance Learning Programme which you can begin at any time –
Student soul midwives learning how to use singing bowls
To book please email firstname.lastname@example.org.